Have you ever pulled plants or bushes with your bare hands? Some can be very easy to pull up, while others are more difficult. It really has nothing to do with how heavy the plant is, but how deep its roots are in the ground. There are some, when working in my grandmothers garden, that almost seemed impossible and the roots seemed to stretch and stretch across the ground, and go deeper and deeper.
We as Christians, need to be planted, not just planted in any soil but the soil of God. Here are a few points on being Heavenly planted I hope, helps you in your day:
1. Psalm 1:1-3: “1 Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.”
2. Psalm 92:13 :Those who are planted in the house of the Lord Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
3. Matthew 15:13: But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
4. 1 Corinthians 3:6-8: 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
5. Ephesians 3:17-20: 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
6. Colossians 1:21-23: 21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.
If we are planted by God in His word, we will be like a plant that cannot be uprooted by anyone or anything. Let’s continue to put our trust and faith in God and we can all be “heavenly planted.”